Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lambent I love you -- then, now and forever

Lambent Services is an amazing company that I’ve been working with since the day I started calling my apartment Suite GA back in 2006.


They offer part-time personal assistants on an as needed basis and their PA’s can do pretty anything you can think of. Seriously the list of things they won’t do has maybe 4 things on it, all of which are pretty much self-explanatory.


From building a database, to booking travel my travel, to sitting home waiting for the cable guy while organizing my closet all while I was out at meetings, to sorting receipts before I go to the accountant are just a few of the plethora of things I’ve had Lambent PA’s do for me these past few years.


I use Lambent all the time in various capacities and it’s usually easier to have them send over an assistant than to get a cab in midtown around say 5:00pm.


After seeing a segment on the Today Show about how tricky rebates have become, I realized that I had totally forgot to send in the rebate on my new blackberry.


I had a bunch of other things I needed to get done but just didn’t have the time so I made a call to my good friendJill Glist, Founder of Lambent Services and THE EXPERT when it comes to personal assistance and outsourcing. About an hour later, Jessica was downstairs.


I said hello, handed her the bag from AT&T, pointed to the box where I toss all my receipts and the rest is history.


I didn’t even know I owned and Exacto knife,somehow Jessica did.


Below is a list of what Jessica was able to accomplish during our 4 hour session:


1. Rebate on my blackberry (100.00)

2. Rebate on a printer from staples (30)

3. Returned the empty inks I had been saving (15)

4. Got continental to refund the baggage fee being that I had used a continental branded credit card to buy my ticket (60)

5.Returned a few things that I had only 30 days to return, it was the 29th day

6.Got me a credit from godaddy for something I bought that never needed or could use had paid 6 months in advance.

7. She was able to get me a credit from Time Warner for the 3 days that my wireless didn’t work. It wasn’t a lot but hey it’s still money in my pocket.


She also did a few organizational things for me like made a spreadsheet that all has all my frequent flier account numbers, bank account and routing numbers, and the customer service numbers for anyone I’d ever need to call. Then the best part, she saved them in my phone.


Jessica also set up mobile banking for me and now all I have to do is send a text and I can get a balance and see if a check has cleared or was cashed.

No more entering my account number, last four of my social and zip, and verifying the date and amount of my last depsoit, It's *BAL hit send and were good to go.


She also went through all slew of websites that I have logins for and updated all my info, one constitant username, no more is it stephenbender, bendrestephen, stephenbender25. (not tht it's any of those well at least not anymore.


She then saved them all in a file and printed a copy which she taped to the inside of a cabinet door in my kitchen. Brilliant!


I’m never going to have to google “Time Warner Los Angeles online bill pay" while sifting through my "paid bills" folder to find that totally random 16 digit account number ever again.


In the four hours that Jessica was mine I had rebates, checks, credits, and other money coming to me for more than 500 bucks.


Even more so that omni-present pile of mail on my desk is going to be a lot smaller now that Jessica made nearly every bill and account statement I get paperless.


Now the only thing left to do is decide Drachman or Gotlieb as the answer to the childhood best friend security question since all my passwords were reset.


Maybe I’ll just go with Favorite Author. That's one question whose answer never changes.


For your own personal angel or assistant give Jill and her team at Lambent Services a call at 212.979.8700 or check out their site www.lambentservices.com


No comments: