Sunday, November 1, 2009

new and maybe improved

Good Morning.

Today is one of those days that there is so much going on and so many thoughts running through my head, i figured i might as well get the blog back up and running even if I am the only one reading it, it's far easier to come here and read my notes to myself than fowarding emails to my stephenbender2 or other "secret" email accounts.

So i woke up a few hours ago in a beautiful hotel suite overlooking mountains and a pretty nice swimming pool in Indian Wells, California which is about an 20 miles past Palm Springs totally confused what time it was. There's no clock in the room, I forgot to wind my watch, and I use the time on the cable box as my basis. So I was a little confused did my blackberry automatically turn back the clock or not, I wasn't sure. Same goes for my computer so I called the front desk who let me know that it was 5:59am so I was more or less up at my regular time,

Im here in the desert this weekend doing double duty working the Desert Cities Woman's Show with the team from The Fountain Retreat and plugging one of their experts who is also a client of mine, Helen Noble founder of Belacrema and author of the about to be published book, Being Simply Beautiful.

In all honesty I kinda love a trade show or expo. I get into this mode where I am on fire and it's actually a lot of fun. I really believe that The Fountain Retreat is going to be huge success, think canyon ranch but you can also have fun. More about The fountain later.

It's a new week, a new month, no longer day light savings time, and although Sept 21 was the official start of autumn, in LA its starting to finally feel like a new season. What that season is I really can't say for sure but as much as I love sunny and hot, there is something comforting about being able to wear pants during the day and not feel absolutely disgusting. If you know me well you know I am a huge fan of anything with a zipper. I've recently been able to break out some of my favorite sweaters, jackets, and hooded sweatshirts that haven't seen the light of day in ages. I think I'm going to refer to this time of year as holiday. Yeah, Holiday it works, Halloween is over and if you go into any mass market store it's begining to feel a lot like Christmas. Speaking of holiday today is the day that the perfect holiday gift hits stores, The Primula Speak n' Brew, the World's first voice activated coffee maker is in stores. Seriously it's kinda of amazing, If you don't believe me go check it out on google.

Sb

No comments: