Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Beachy Keen -- Part 2

Name: David Caplan

Occupation: Editor, People Magazine

Beach of Choice: Zuma Beach, CA

Beach Bag:
A Ralph Lauren beach bag I picked up at a Polo outlet in Maine or New Hampshire on the way back to NYC from Ogunquit. It’s canvas and has a lobster on it. I love that New England beach motif, even though it may look out of place everywhere else!

In the Bag: Sunscreen, sunglasses, bottled water, 2 towels — that’s it! I hate to bring a lot of clutter with me!

Type of Towel:
It’s so 80s, but I love my towel with a huge Lacoste aligator on it!

The Suit:
I’m all about retro right now, so I’m loving these Op (Ocean Pacific) trunks I just got. Perfect for Zuma!

Name: Deborah Rae Valentine

Occupation: Wall Street

Favorite Beach: Capris or Wainscott

Type of Bag
: Classic L.L. Bean canvas tote with red trim and DVAL embroidered on the front.

In the Bag: Neutragena Helixoplex 55 for the face, coppertone 30 spray for the body, evian atomizer, anthony sunstick (it looks like a glue stick but, its fantastic), ipod, blackberry in a ziplock bag, trashy romance novel, and the financial times. I also always wear a giant sun hat and its sometimes on an angle :), oh and Clarins Apres Sun for the face and body.

Type of Towel: a towel I borrowed on memo from some resort in St. Barth's a few years back.

The Suit: Island Company, the only way to go!

Name: David Brian Sanders

Occupation: Principal, David Brian Sanders Interior Architecture + Design

Beach of Choice:
Keller Plage, Cap D’antibes, France

The Bag: Prada’s Nylon Bowling Bag from years ago...

In the Bag: Trashy Magazines….i.e. In Touch, US Weekly, OK, ipod, Sunscreens in 4,8, 15, and 30 SPF.

Type of Towel: Ralph Lauren’s Pure White Egyptian Cotton Bath Sheet

The Suit: Prada or Billabong White Board Shorts

More still to come....

Sb

No comments: