Sunday, June 8, 2008

Luxe Presents: Silver Lake

On Thursday night I went to a show house in Silver Lake, which was presented by Luxe Magazine, a very upscale interior design magazine in Southern California. The party was packed with designers and their clients. The home itself was well done, just not really my style. I didn't feel like someone really could live there, until I looked in the closet and realized that someone actually did. (It wasn't staged like those apartments New York magazine wrote about a few months ago.) Whoever lived here had a lot of interesting things in his wardrobe and a mild obsession with Angelina Jolie. The food at the party was outstanding and there was Wisconsin Cheese Maker and Monger on-site doing cheese and wine pairings which was great. This was the probably one of the better gift bags I had gotten in while, with the exception of the US Weekly Hot Hollywood/Fiji Water bag, that I've been using as my beachbag of late. While going through the bag late last night to figure out who to give what, what to keep and what to toss, I came across a business card from the valet from the party, "VALET OF THE DOLLS" pure and utter genius.

Speaking of Luxe, I'm going to suggest that everyone check out one of my current favorite things, Lux Radio Theatre on itunes for $1.99 you get an hour long version of a classic movie with the original cast and original commercials from the 50s. "So smart this season."


Sb

No comments: